All officials must meet the following requirements to maintain varsity eligibility. These requirements are those of the NJSIAA. As an affiliated chapter of the NJSIAA, the RVSOA is mandated to follow and enforce these requirements. These requirements are listed in the NJSIAA Handbook for Officials and in part, in the RVSOA Constitution. Posting here is merely for the convenience of chapter members as the Handbook and Constitution have always been readily available.
To certify for and maintain VARSITY eligibility, members must each year:
1) Pass the NJSIAA online recertification exam with a score of 85% (online testing instituted with the 2011 season) by July 31
2) Produce valid certification for completion of the online course “Concussion in Sports-What you Need to Know” to the chapter secretary by August 22
3) Fulfill the NJSIAA meeting requirements which are:
· Attend two RVSOA Educational meetings
· Attend one NJSIAA Mandatory Rules Interpreation Meeting
As mandated by the NJSIAA, any official that fails to meet these requirements will forfeit their VARSIY status.
As per the RVSOA onstitution, such members will remain members of the RVSOA but will be placed on PROBATION.
Members on probation may officiate any sub varsity games(as per NJSIAA, there are no requirements whatsoever for anyone to officiate sub varsity games)